Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I'm looking for a new gamepad for my Mac. Currently, I have a Logitech Precision Pro joypad which works great. The only downside is that it hasn't got analog controls.
I was thinking that this might be a good one (I like Logitech quality) :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-94...keywords=logitech+gamepad&tag=jupitebroadc-21

I don't need wireless or rumble features or any fancy stuff, just a good gamepad that just works.
Anyone have this one and can confirm that it works without problems on the Mac ?

Edit : I HAVE been searching on Google and it seems it does work when you toggle the switch to Direct Input at the back. However, some more user feedback would be useful before I fork out 30 euros on a gamepad.

Last edited:

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
It looks very similar to my Logitech Rumblepad 2, which is plug'n'play and has no issues.

--Eric

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I'm looking for a new gamepad for my Mac. Currently, I have a Logitech Precision Pro joypad which works great. The only downside is that it hasn't got analog controls.
I was thinking that this might be a good one (I like Logitech quality) :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-94...keywords=logitech+gamepad&tag=jupitebroadc-21

I don't need wireless or rumble features or any fancy stuff, just a good gamepad that just works.
Anyone have this one and can confirm that it works without problems on the Mac ?

Edit : I HAVE been searching on Google and it seems it does work when you toggle the switch to Direct Input at the back. However, some more user feedback would be useful before I fork out 30 euros on a gamepad.

Work perfectly on the Mac as long as you have it in the "D" direct Input mode. We have a number of them in the Feral offices.

When in D mode they identify themselves as Logitech Rumblepad 2 devices in your System Information USB Section. It's an easy way of telling it is in the right mode.

Or you can grab one of the new Feral games like Sonic Racing, we actually look for these pads and warn you if the pad is in the wrong mode before you start playing ;)

Edwin

riptideMBP

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2011
Why not just get an xbox 360 controller? Everything I've tried it with in OSX has supported it, and it works wonderfully in bootcamp

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
PS3 Controller works nicely as well with Bluetooth.

Install Gamepad companion for the few instances where it's needed and you're good to go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.