Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fjpackard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Hey Everyone!

This is my first post on these forums, so if I am doing anything incorrectly please let me know.

Anyway, I am currently making my own Jarvis system (like in Iron Man) and decided to change all my application icons to fit the Jarvis theme. I already knew how to do this and have been gradually editing them all in Photoshop and applying them to my actual applications.

But when I got to Finder, I ran into a problem. Basically, I need to drag the application out of my dock and back in after changing it, or it will be changed in the applications folder but not in the dock. The problem is that I can't actually remove Finder from the dock. I tried rebooting my computer, but still no luck! :confused:

PLEASE help me if you can!

Thanks,
Fjpackard. :apple:

Fjpackard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Change Finder Icon

I tried the script on the website, but unfortunately when I tried it just with 'finder.png' at the end in said "Permission denied", and when I dragged the icon I made in Photoshop in it simply said "No such file or directory". Are there any other ways to do it that don't involve Terminal? I just don't like using code off the internet in Terminal, as I'm not that good at using Terminal and I only like to use code that I understand exactly what it's going to do, especially when it's in Terminal since it will have the ability to do anything on my computer!! ;)

So thanks for your answer, but unfortunately it hasn't solved my question! If you know another way I can do it please let me know.

Thanks,

Edit: OK, just found out how to do it on another forum!

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I tried the script on the website, but unfortunately when I tried it just with 'finder.png' at the end in said "Permission denied", and when I dragged the icon I made in Photoshop in it simply said "No such file or directory". Are there any other ways to do it that don't involve Terminal? I just don't like using code off the internet in Terminal, as I'm not that good at using Terminal and I only like to use code that I understand exactly what it's going to do, especially when it's in Terminal since it will have the ability to do anything on my computer!! ;)

So thanks for your answer, but unfortunately it hasn't solved my question! If you know another way I can do it please let me know.

Thanks,

Edit: OK, just found out how to do it on another forum!

Glad you got it......did you edit permissions or use a different script?

Fjpackard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Glad you got it......did you edit permissions or use a different script?

It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure I just went to /System/Library/CoreServices, right clicked on Dock, clicked 'Show Package Contents', then found the Finder icon, renamed it and put in my own Finder icon with the same name as the old Finder icon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.