macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
Didn't he say March before?
No he didn't.
Old May 5, 2013, 02:02 PM   #277
rillrill
macrumors 6502

here's my prediction based solely on rumors and hearsay: Apple will release new iPads in the Fall in time for christmas. the iPad will feature the new IGZO display by Sharp (thus sticking it to Samsung), will be much, much lighter, consume less battery, and maybe an even higher res. the mini will also get a high res IGZO display, and maybe a better processor but not as fast as the bigger iPad.

Looking into the IGZO technology, it gels with Cook's comment about amazing new hardware for the Fall. Really, it's what many people have been asking for - super low power high res that makes devices light-weight.

I think WWDC is going to be mostly software (maybe spec bumps for laptops/desktops) with Ive showing off a much needed UI refresh to IOS. Mac OS is not going to wow anyone as Apple sets their sights for a mobile/post-pc world. No TVs either this year. If Apple is smart, they'll stay out of it until the industry is as desperate as the music industry was. Calling it.
rillrill is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 04:45 PM   #278
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillrill View Post
here's my prediction based solely on rumors and hearsay: Apple will release new iPads in the Fall in time for christmas. the iPad will feature the new IGZO display by Sharp (thus sticking it to Samsung), will be much, much lighter, consume less battery, and maybe an even higher res. the mini will also get a high res IGZO display, and maybe a better processor but not as fast as the bigger iPad.

Looking into the IGZO technology, it gels with Cook's comment about amazing new hardware for the Fall. Really, it's what many people have been asking for - super low power high res that makes devices light-weight.

I think WWDC is going to be mostly software (maybe spec bumps for laptops/desktops) with Ive showing off a much needed UI refresh to IOS. Mac OS is not going to wow anyone as Apple sets their sights for a mobile/post-pc world. No TVs either this year. If Apple is smart, they'll stay out of it until the industry is as desperate as the music industry was. Calling it.
The most logical post in 12 pages!
Old May 7, 2013, 01:05 AM   #279
mrmarts
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
The most logical post in 12 pages!
I also agree with you there will be little hardware announcements at this years developers conference, apart from the long overdue Mac Pro update. The conference will focus on the newly redesigned IOS platform and possibly some info into the next OSX instalment. However there will be also discussion into keeping the mac book pro non retina line with updates to align with previous rumours.

Furthermore I doubt we will be given dates when software will made available, I assume dates will made available in the latter with a separate conferences for iPads, whilst followed by the iPhone and iPod conference in the latter (Q3), speculation of course.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad