Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
It's absolutely real, so I wouldn't worry about it. As being a 1000+ sold ebayer myself, I'll tell you that most bids come in last second from automated proxy's so I almost guarantee you will be outbid in the last 5 minutes.

Also, feedback is good for the seller, and it's all high-dollar value sales (ie doesn't sell stamps to make himself look good).

Good luck and hope you win at a good price.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
He has three of [nearly] the same listing, all top of the line MBP's. Also, the pictures in two of the three listings match, just switched. Odd.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
He has three of [nearly] the same listing, all top of the line MBP's. Also, the pictures in two of the three listings match, just switched. Odd.

One of the feedbacks said that he relisted because he wanted more money. My guess would be he is playing his odds and seeing which of the three auctions wins the highest price and will cancel the other two. Thanks for looking that up, I almost gave bad advice.

I say if he is that fishy to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised that there will be other issues with the transaction. I'm sure he has one and is selling it, but perhaps save yourself the frustration and the amount of time for refunds, etc and just bid on someone a bit more honest with their listings. While eBay will protect you, it takes forever to get your money back, go through all the complaint arbitration stuff, etc.

I don't think it's as risky as it looks, but if it was my money, my time, I wouldn't go with him. Sometimes it's worth paying extra for your piece of mind and a good return policy, just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.