Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:04 AM   #51
Appleseeds
Banned

Well if you look at the current administration.
It is easy to understand the stupidly of the the American people.

FYI I have my quote notification turned off.
So don't bother trying to push your leftist blatherings on me by quoting. I won't see it nor do I care what you have to say.
Appleseeds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:51 PM   #52
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
So how many people here believe, contrary to mountains of evidence, that cloud computing is _not_ affected by bad weather?
I think this is the alarming statistic:

"About 29 percent of the 1,006 people polled thought cloud computing had to do with an actual cloud, the sky or something related to weather."

Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:04 AM   #53
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
I think this is the alarming statistic:

"About 29 percent of the 1,006 people polled thought cloud computing had to do with an actual cloud, the sky or something related to weather."

If you need lots of processing power for weather prediction, cloud computing is a good way to do cloud predictions.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 09:54 AM   #54
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider42 View Post
Well, bad weather can knock out power to your house, knock out your internet, knock on something on your ISP's side, or knock out something the the company hosting the "cloud" needs, so bad whether certainly can affect cloud computing. Dependingn on how the question was asked, people may have been thinking along those lines sometimes. And that really underscores one of the issues with having everything in the cloud: there are more points of failure when it comes to accessing that data.
I think it is as simple as people see nice soft white puffy clouds being good computing, versus dark, gray, threatening clouds = bad day on net.

Yes, their is the fact dark clouds might, just might cause network interruptions, but ever see some of the Jay Walking and Jimmy Kimmel roving interviews?
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:00 AM   #55
HitchHykr
macrumors 6502a

You know, before we act all smug about this, on how the general public may be confused about "cloud" computing, Intel/Pentium chips, megabytes, internet, etc, there are probably similar threads like it on other boards about law, medicine, cars, airplanes, biology, history, drum making in Tanzania, etc. where posters make fun of us for being "stupid".

Just sayin.....
HitchHykr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 02:19 PM   #56
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitchHykr View Post
You know, before we act all smug about this, on how the general public may be confused about "cloud" computing, Intel/Pentium chips, megabytes, internet, etc, there are probably similar threads like it on other boards about law, medicine, cars, airplanes, biology, history, drum making in Tanzania, etc. where posters make fun of us for being "stupid".

Just sayin.....
Yuppers..

I love my Jeep and like my various Jeep hang outs, but if you can calculate driveline angles in your head and make just about every part in your home shop well you're just not really a Jeep guy "built not bought"

We all have our strengths and weaknesses..
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:54 PM   #57
Dagless
macrumors Core

But, couldn't it?

In the UK we're having a bit of a heatwave, it must be putting some strain on either the router or the phoneline, because my connection has dropped through the floor. Equally when we get heavy rain my connection drops (this is no matter the time of the day and has happened with different equipment and houses!). But out of the two it's the hot weather that harms my network.

There must be some effect, but not in the way the article means.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:02 AM   #58
Huntn
macrumors 604

You mean I don't have a cloud assigned to my house to store data?
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:28 AM   #59
JGRE
macrumors 6502

That's strange, normally there are more clouds with bad whether.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events