Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p3ncil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
[Marked as Resolved] Probably a bug :(

Prior to the upgrade to 7.0.3 and Mavericks my iPhone was syncing well with my Mac.

However after the upgrade, my iPhone is stuck at 'Finishing Sync' forever... I've tried changing libraries for iTunes but to no avail or even restarting both devices to no avail.

Anyone? Thanks so much!

Edit : tried restoring my device. successfully synced everything on my first few attempts. Appears that after adding some music into my iPhone the whole finishing sync bug appeared again.

Last edited:

Gary Posselt

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
Finishing Sync

Have exact same problem...downloaded Mavericks yesterday, including updates. Sync stays stuck in "finishing" mode. I eject using lower left gear symbol...and sync stops, everything is fine. Tried syncing again, it worked. Tried syncing after adding photos and the "stuck" problem reappears. Only gets stuck when adding items. Never happened before Mavericks.

tlmurray

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Same here

I find if I add or delete a song or a photo or update an app, the sync never finishes. After I give up and simply eject the phone, I see that the change was indeed made. If no changes are made and then I plug in the phone, the sync finishes.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I see this on my Windows machine as well. From what I've been able to tell, sync actually is finishing as the "Sync" button re-enables and the spinning wheel on my iPad and iPhone disappear. It's just the "Finishing Sync" text never goes away, so it looks like a display issue.

p3ncil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Yep... the Data is passed onto the device.
I guess it's a bug with the Finishing Sync.

Thanks guys!

zeblouze

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
synchro fixed

Hello I had the same issue.
Iphone 5 7.0.3 and mavericks just installed

Restoring the phone and reinstall of iTunes wasn't efficient.

I finally decided to call the Apple support

First they confirmed that many people experience the same issue
Second : The supervisor spent a lot of time with and tried to understand. and she finally could work through it and she gave me the solution

hope it will work for you :

The path to iTunes Music folder had been modified (maybe during 10.9 installation)
She told me to point on the Music folder again and rebuild the library....
And then : OK !

it synchronises, music is transferred normally

Enjoy

Guillaume

poet1803

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
How to rebuild the iTunes library?

Hi, Guillaume,

Your post is interesting, but could you explain in more detail how to rebuild the iTunes library?

Many thanks,

Ian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.