Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Borja1055

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I restored my iPhone5 this morning and when i wanted to restore the backup, my laptop tell me 'iTunes could not restore the iPhone "XXXX" because the backup could not be saved on the computer. Any ideas on what i can do?

OSX
iTunes 11.01
iOS6.1
Never Jailbroken

Last edited:

JPChicago

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Chicago
I restored my iPhone5 this morning and when i wanted to restore the backup, my laptop tell me 'iTunes could not restore the iPhone "XXXX" because the backup could not be saved on the computer. Any ideas on what i can do?

OSX
iTunes 11.01
iOS6.1
Never Jailbroken

i say try to backup again. but before that, you can check your backups manually.

open itunes, click the file button at the top left, select preferences, select devices from the tab.
from there you can see if you have any backups. If you do, i say keep tryin to restore from backup. if still doesnt work, contact apple.

Borja1055

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
i say try to backup again. but before that, you can check your backups manually.

open itunes, click the file button at the top left, select preferences, select devices from the tab.
from there you can see if you have any backups. If you do, i say keep tryin to restore from backup. if still doesnt work, contact apple.

It never completes the restore. I've tried it several times. Is there any other way to restore the iPhone? A workaround iTunes perhaps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.