Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Psychj0e

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Anyone else find they often hit the mute button, by accident, when trying to turn down the volume on their mac? I do it all the time, and then end up doing this weird finger-dance, where I kind of mute sound, turn sound up, turn sound down, mute sound, etc, etc, etc, lol.

tehsprayer

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2013
Anyone else find they often hit the mute button, by accident, when trying to turn down the volume on their mac? I do it all the time, and then end up doing this weird finger-dance, where I kind of mute sound, turn sound up, turn sound down, mute sound, etc, etc, etc, lol.

tumblr_m5ex1rkjLW1rwgh7wo1_500.jpg

Appledreamer

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Belfast

no lol haha you must be drunk

Onno

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
Eindhoven
If you really hate it you can always use KeyRemap4MacBook, that's what I use to map the iTunes controls and volume controls while using the F-keys without the fn key :)

Onno

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2013
Eindhoven

Did you manage to fix it with the app I suggested? :)

AXs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
you know what, i too often wonder why apple put that that mute button there. Seems unnecessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.