Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
You might also try searching ebay for "MacBook Repair". There are a number of people who can do logic board level repairs for water damage.

I had a 13" MacBookPro that had a full glass of water dumped on the keyboard. Unit wouldn't power up at all. I sent it in months later, and paid $300-$400 for the repair, and it came back working perfectly.

I know they can't fix everything, but they can do wonders for some types of damage.

My only concern was the repair place was in NYC, and I was afraid I would never see my laptop again. I ended up doing a search outside of eBay as verified they were a real business with a store front, and sent it in.

I don't remember which one I used, but if you check their eBay feedback you can tell which ones have good success rates...

It's one more option for you...

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
You can probably realise more by selling it if you break it up and sell components separately. There are plenty that will pay for the body unit, lid, battery, LCD, keyboard individually for own repairs etc that would not need the rest or want to pay $300+ for the entire unit.

That would take more effort so it is up to you how much work you want to put into it, but if every cent counts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.