Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
You could set a variable in your tableView:didSelectRowAtIndexPath: method. I have to ask though: why do you need to know? What is it you're looking to do?

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
How do I do that?

By writing code.

(My answer is about as clear as your question.)

There are probably a dozen different ways to do what you describe. Which one makes sense depends on how your program is structured, if you're using storyboards or XIB files, how you represent your data model, etc, etc.

Without a more complete picture, there's no way to provide meaningful help.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
What method is the cell calling on the view controller in controller in question?

Is the view controller a standard view controller, like a tableview controller?

Is the Cell a standard tableviewCell or a custom subclass?

A quicklook in the documentation for UITableviewController tells me there is no reason a standard cell would call back to the view controller. Also looking in the documents UITableview has the a number of methods for finding indexPath of a cell or alternatively a point in the tableview.

The bigger question could why?
What are you trying to do if you are trying to get the cells to respond to a gesture then there are ways to attach a gesture recogniser to the tableview make make it seem like its acting on the cells from the users perspective. A lot of the reasons for a cell to send a message back have easier more effective and more reliable ways of going about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.