Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Returning my phone to Apple today and I want to restore my iPhone. I don't have my laptop so iTunes cannot be accessed right now.

I set my iPhone up as a new iPhone and I have all my content stored in the cloud.

If I simply go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset all content

and...

Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings

Will I be in good shape to return it back to the store? I know that they would probably do a proper restore for someone who wasn't able to, but I don't want to take chances.. my phone had sensitive information, passwords etc. on it and I want to make sure that resetting and deleting content and settings is the same thing as restoring.

Am I good to return it to the store now?

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
I guess what I'm asking is: is there a difference between restoring your iOS device on iTunes and restoring your iOS device without iTunes (in settings)?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I guess what I'm asking is: is there a difference between restoring your iOS device on iTunes and restoring your iOS device without iTunes (in settings)?

No there is not. Just, if your iPhone is jailbroken and you "reset all settings," the during process the iPhone will hang on the Apple logo and a computer will ne needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.