Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:54 PM   #26
TC400
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to TC400
If you want the real version cheaper look here.

http://www.megamacs.com/index.php?ac...w&id=404984967

That was just posted on gizmodo.com
TC400 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:28 PM   #27
samuelk0814
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barna Biro View Post
... and why are you quoting me? Did I start stating he "needs" one?
Do please quote the guy who stated that next time ( justperry ).

Too many assumptions about your dad there... Let's not decide what he'd do or not beforehand. Let's just let him decide when the time comes... he might just as easily surprise you and actually buy one ( or the keyboard price might drop by then )! But of course you have never considered that option because according to your assumptions, he'd never pay that kind of money... which is fine with me, but it's an assumption nonetheless.
You are making the rookie mistake of assuming that what he says is an assumption, for all you know his dad could be mind-controlled by his son. See where I'm going? Stop assuming that he's assuming by predicting what his dad will do.
samuelk0814 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:45 AM   #28
Barna Biro
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelk0814 View Post
for all you know his dad could be mind-controlled by his son.
Thumbs up! How could have I forgotten about mind-control?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelk0814 View Post
Stop assuming that he's assuming by predicting what his dad will do.
Naaah... Assumptions are fine, they just turn nasty once one tries to present them as "facts" in order to back up some really weak statement But yeah, I definitely have to remember about the possibility of mind-control next time... I still can't believe I forgot about it!

Last edited by Barna Biro; Jan 25, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Barna Biro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:08 AM   #29
Shredder-
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC400 View Post
If you want the real version cheaper look here.

http://www.megamacs.com/index.php?ac...w&id=404984967

That was just posted on gizmodo.com

how come this one is almost half the price?
Shredder- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:43 AM   #30
Ann P
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder- View Post
It's an OEM product, read the info. These keyboards have never been used, are OEM (Just the Keyboard in plastic wrapping) and may have some minor imperfections such as knicks and scratches to the Aluminum casing.
Ann P is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:02 AM   #31
TC400
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to TC400
Quote:
Looks like new but with out the box. Hell for that price I'd go for it.
TC400 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:27 AM   #32
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Because it's fake. Look at the images. There's a LED above the volume down key, F keys (F1, F2, F3...) have blue text and the bottom is made of plastic instead of metal. Look where you insert the battery.

It certainly looks like the real thing at first glance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't feel right or breaks so soon you have to replace it and don't even actually save money.

I'm personally using a wired Apple keyboard with numpad from 2008 and it still feels brand new. All keys still feel perfect, no sign of wear and it's still being sold right now. The $49 investment was definitely worth it, and I can't say that about all the peripherals I've bought.

It's a great alternative to the $69 wireless keyboard if wireless is not a necessity (and it rarely really is).
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:11 PM   #33
circa7
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiguere1 View Post
Because it's fake. Look at the images. There's a LED above the volume down key, F keys (F1, F2, F3...) have blue text and the bottom is made of plastic instead of metal. Look where you insert the battery.

It certainly looks like the real thing at first glance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't feel right or breaks so soon you have to replace it and don't even actually save money.

I'm personally using a wired Apple keyboard with numpad from 2008 and it still feels brand new. All keys still feel perfect, no sign of wear and it's still being sold right now. The $49 investment was definitely worth it, and I can't say that about all the peripherals I've bought.

It's a great alternative to the $69 wireless keyboard if wireless is not a necessity (and it rarely really is).
How can you even see that? The images are tiny.
circa7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:13 PM   #34
Idefix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiguere1 View Post

megamacs is a reputable company, has been in business for a long time.

the reason it's cheap is that it's the previous version (A instead of B) and maybe because of overstock.

I ordered one because I saw it on dealmac.com, will let you know when I get it...
Idefix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:22 PM   #35
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idefix View Post
megamacs is a reputable company, has been in business for a long time.

the reason it's cheap is that it's the previous version (A instead of B) and maybe because of overstock.

I ordered one because I saw it on dealmac.com, will let you know when I get it...
My bad, I thought the comment was talking about this link previously mentioned:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-Wi...item589b423c74

The MegaMacs one might be legit.
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:26 PM   #36
Idefix
macrumors 6502

News flash: Best Buy is selling a refurbished Apple Bluetooth Keyboard for $30 with free shipping.

Best Buy's standard return policy applies.
Idefix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:28 PM   #37
kensic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I'm looking for a mac compatible keyboard with that pretty stainless steel design - yet not ready to pay $69 for one - any suggestions? (Preferably one with wireless USB connection, if not.. i guess bluetooth is my option)
look at near by best buy stores for open box apple keyboards. it shows 40$ for an open box item near me (aluminum wireless blutooth), and they have 10% of on open box item...brings it down to 36$+tax.

thats pretty cheap, i think this is what you're looking for. don't think it can get cheaper then that for aluminum build and its from apple. pretty much solves your need.
kensic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro