Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
I'm thinking of selling my 2011 13" MBP soon, which has a full three-year Apple Care warranty. Will the party purchasing my computer be able to benefit from that Apple Care or is it tied to the original buyer? So...if I were to auction my computer on eBay, would it be fair to list it as having Apple Care coverage until February 2014? Thanks!

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
It'll apply to whomever has the laptop in their possession :) - it's tied to the serial number. And yeah, list that on eBay. I'd personally be more inclined to make a higher bid knowing it's covered by Apple currently.

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
It'll apply to whomever has the laptop in their possession :) - it's tied to the serial number. And yeah, list that on eBay. I'd personally be more inclined to make a higher bid knowing it's covered by Apple currently.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do it as soon as the new MacBook Pros are announced. Hoping for an HD screen in the 13".

LachlanH

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
Thanks for the advice. I'll do it as soon as the new MacBook Pros are announced. Hoping for an HD screen in the 13".

Might not make a huge difference but it's generally better to sell your stuff just BEFORE a product line is updated.

As soon as new ones are announced the value of all current ones drops. Ideally you want to sell to someone who isn't aware a refresh is possibly days/weeks away.

The downside of course is you might have to go some time without a laptop while you wait for the refresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.