Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I want them to see that it was a fresh install that I did, and not a backup. Last time, they seemed to think I restored from backup and that was the cause of issues. But I've since done a fresh install and the issues continued. Can they see that via diagnostic data?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Yes. If you are going in for an issue, restore from backup, then restore as new so they won't send you on your way telling you to do so on your own time.

thechainring

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2014
Seattle
Hey louis0nfire I have the program that they Genius Bar uses for testing and diagnosing computers and I also have the program the the geek squad use if you would be interested in a copy for your self send me a message and I will mail you a copy of them. I know this post is a couple months late but I have a question I would like to ask you about a thread you started a long time ago. If you could get back to me that would be great.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Hey louis0nfire I have the program that they Genius Bar uses for testing and diagnosing computers and I also have the program the the geek squad use if you would be interested in a copy for your self send me a message and I will mail you a copy of them. I know this post is a couple months late but I have a question I would like to ask you about a thread you started a long time ago. If you could get back to me that would be great.

You should totally post a download for us :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.