Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LexieMSU08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
East Lansing
Hi!

I have retrieved my voicemails from my iphone's most recent backup, with the voicemails going back at least 6 months. My father passed away and he had left some good ones, so I wanted to save them to my computer.

I was wondering if all iphone backups save voicemails as well? So I could go back and download voicemails from 2 years ago (when I first got an iphone)?

I do know where the backups are located, I just don't know if voicemails are saved too, and then which program to use.

Thanks!

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Sorry I don't have a solution to your problem currently.

BUT you should consider letting Google Voice handle your VMs in the future. You can download them as MP3s and they are stored in the cloud.

Best of luck and sorry for your loss.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Hi!

I have retrieved my voicemails from my iphone's most recent backup, with the voicemails going back at least 6 months. My father passed away and he had left some good ones, so I wanted to save them to my computer.

I was wondering if all iphone backups save voicemails as well? So I could go back and download voicemails from 2 years ago (when I first got an iphone)?

I do know where the backups are located, I just don't know if voicemails are saved too, and then which program to use.

Thanks!

I'm actually pretty sure that's on your carrier's side, I'd suggest calling them and asking. Sorry for your loss.

iphone46

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Hi!

Thanks!
I can tell you they are saved! download an app that let's you open prior iphone backups. Backup explorer is one that I know.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Please post your results in case someone else comes along with the same request.

Sorry for your loss & I understand. My father passed away on today's date in 1994. My mom saved the answering machine tape that my Dad had recorded.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
VM isn't stored on the device itself. From what I've managed to run across it seems like it possible to restore recent VM if your carrier supports visual VM.

iphone46

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
VM isn't stored on the device itself. From what I've managed to run across it seems like it possible to restore recent VM if your carrier supports visual VM.

This is not true. After purchasing my iphone 5 I restored to a backup from 2 months prior even my deleted messages were there after restoring from backup(they weren't there in the store where the lady set it as a new iPhone)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.