Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GusHerb

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2013
Chicago / Northwest, IN
Here's mine inside at home. Used to be able to max out at 2.5 late at night and 1.5-2 during the day right after Network Vision came through but 9 months later it's like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 56

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
You get different speeds depending if its a weekend or a week day? That's crazy. Is it like this all over in New Zealand? In the UK it don't really matter what day it is but depends on the location the speed can vary.
In auckland it doesn't matter if its the weekday or weekend its just location. I normally get 23mbps down and 4mbps up however.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi!
I want to see how the 3G networks around the world performs. So please post your speeds! Here is mine:

This is 4G.

3G maxed out at HSPA 7.1, and will SpeedTest for a max of around 5mbps.

----------

So your 4G is just really ultra fast 3G as that is what DC-HSPA is called over here (UK) by Three
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Built_for_internetting

So what will they call proper 4G when you get it seeing as they're calling 3G 4G ;)

Only the Koreans have proper 4G, LTE-A, launched over night, as originally defined by the ITU.

In the USA we have "4G" (HSPA+/DC-HSPA) and "4G/LTE" which were later included when the ITU watered down the specifications.

But thats because in the USA, our carriers follow international branding nomenclature. Odd the UK continues to confuse consumers.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
No Sprint is the worst.

When it comes to 3G in the US T-Mobile has the edge on speeds thanks to DC-HSPA

1st - T-Mobile
2nd - AT&T
3rd - Verizon
Last - Sprint

The thing is that for those on Verizon with the iPhone 5, seeing the 3G symbol is a rare occurrence. It's also becoming more and more rare for AT&T users to see 3G data as well since their LTE network is maturing.

Sprint and T-mo users will be used to seeing 3G, "4G", "E", and "O" symbols on their iPhones for a long time to come.

Well fortunately for me the E symbol is a rarity since I got the AWS iPhone 5 on T-Mobile.

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
Average!

Just got mine (White/64 GB) after having contemplated if jumping onto the iPhone bandwagon was the right thing to do.

At the end of the day, it's all about preference IMO.
But coming to the OP's topic, I think the 3G speeds out here are decent enough.

Although I have yet to update my phone to the latest OS (6.1) which would give me the LTE speeds.
Will post that once I'm done with that.

;)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/575557632

Attachments

• 575557632.png
    575557632.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Istanbul / Turkey. I usually get around 8 megabits. Not bad at all after seeing folks from United States...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 36

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
LTE - Kuwait

photo.jpg

Like I said I would, I finally got about with the update and here's the network speeds on my device now!
I was expecting much higher speeds with the iPhone 5 especially when the same network gives me this sort of speed!

Last edited:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
View attachment 420303

Like I said I would, I finally got about with the update and here's the network speeds on my device now!
I was expecting much higher speeds with the iPhone 5 especially when the same network gives me this sort of speed!

Well I guess there is always a limitation with LTE enabled mobile devices.
Or maybe I may be wrong too.
:confused:

Em this thread is about 3G speeds not LTE speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.