Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LightOnAHill

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
get the mini now

just do it, tomorrow, and charge it up and enjoy it.

you could die in a week, so live life.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Battery life awful? On the iPad third gen? Mine is lasting me three to four days on moderate use. The tablet is a beast.

I may had overstated on Awful, what I meant was that the battery life was not as good as it was on the iPad 2 I had before it, and my ipad Mini definitely gets better battery life than I had experienced on the iPad 3. All relatively speaking from one to the other.

On a side note, I have a company ipad 4 with LTE, and although much faster than the 3, I see similar battery life results....using it all day I find the 4 drains quicker than when I was using my personal ipad mini for work in the same ways. I'll be at 50% or lower at the end of the day on the 4 where my Mini would be at 70% in the same usage circumstance.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
You probably know by now ;) but iMovie works just fine on the mini, as long as you have a good way to get your video onto the mini's camera roll.

Depending on how you're taking the video, you may want to get the USB camera connection kit. I use that to get pics/video from my iPhone (4s) onto my mini. It would probably work for other video sources as well. It will put the video in the mini's camera roll right where you need it.

Good call on the 32GB for this reason, btw!

And good call on picking up the mini now -- who knows if the "2" will be out even in 6 months, or if it will be retina.

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.