Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Okay just to give you the gist of it.

Tuesday is a launch event. Like stated before by numerous of members here - the i0S7 GM could possibly released to developers on the 10th September. With the public release to come later this month or so.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Based on history, I think this will happen:

* iOS 7 GM released tomorrow. Officially still for developers, but unofficially also "power users" who download it at own risk since it's usually technically identical to the later public release as an OTA update. In a very unlikely chance, it'll be pulled due to some last minute major surprise bug, but not for minor bugs. That's for e.g. iOS 7.0.1. Apple is probably already working for the post-7.0 fix release as all developers release software with known bugs -- the question is when the bugs are acceptable. ;)
* iPhone 5S announced and orderable tomorrow (doh) along with the iOS 7 GM.
* iPhone 5S actually shipping within 1-2 weeks or so, which is in the timeframe when iOS 7 will "activate" as an OTA update for everyone. Again, most likely equal to the GM.

I do think that iOS 7 *may* be delayed for the iPad by half a month to a month or so based on bug reports and that Apple maybe having focused on getting it done for iPhones due to the imminent 5S.

Last edited:

Legion103

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Thanks.

I ask because a lot of people on Twitter are saying it comes out tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.