Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
dust under the lens they will just take it in the back and clean it off and will not issue a replacement

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Any chance they will do the fix/replace for free? or will i have too pay?
Has anyone had a bad experience with taking this issue to the apple genius bar people? :(

I had this issue with my first iphone towards the end of last year. They issued a replacement no problem.

Drewz45

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
So I was cleaning my iPhone 5 (wiping it down, etc.) and noticed dust on my camera lens. When I tried to clean it I realize its actually under the lens. Now pictures don't seem to be too affected, maybe a bit more noise. But has anybody else had this problem?

Would Apple replace the phone? This would be the 4th iPhone 5 for me due to a plethora of defects if so.

I'll take a picture when I'm home and have access to another camera.

Did you go in and did they replace your phone even though it wasn't affecting the picture?

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
dust under the lens they will just take it in the back and clean it off and will not issue a replacement

This is patently false. I have now had my iPhone 5 replaced 3 different times for this issue, and they only even bothered to attempt blowing it out once (they ended up replacing it anyway).

The last time I went in (Monday of this week), I told them I had dust under the lens and the genius corrected me with: "actually it's pieces of the sapphire lens flaking off inside there". Nice, I thought this thing was supposed to be tough as nails?

I am hoping they somehow resolve this issue before my warranty runs out.

Drewz45

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah they did, it actually started causing the camera to soft focus.

Well I have a piece of sand of some sort behind my camera lens I can see it but doesn't seem to affect my picture quality so I figured they probably aren't going to give me a replacement...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.