Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1
christy.
macrumors newbie

Clicked on Hacker Link, Help!

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help me. I'm a novice and trying to search the Internet for mac information now, but its overwhelming.

On January 1st, I was on Pinterest, clicked a Pin link, which lead me to an oval that said "Admin" I believe, this I unfortunately clicked, and lead me to a page that scrolled "You've been hacked with skulls etc etc. and some Chinese or Japanese music played in the background.

I have an Imac OX S

I use it for personal use. Email, shopping. Pretty basic. Changed almost all passwords except for some without bank info.

Spoke with Apple Tech and went over my security to be sure I was set up properly.

If anyone, has any advice, tips, anything, on how I can find out if someone is 'in' my computer etc. etc. please share your knowledge. I'm scared someone is watching me now through the computer (keylogging?) Any information will be helpful!

Thank you ( :
christy. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:59 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

It was a prank or something. Unless you entered your admin password in a standard Mac OS X password entry field, there is nothing wrong.

To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:
Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios
To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click > About This Mac:
To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:26 AM   #3
christy.
macrumors newbie

Wow! I am so relieved, so elated! Thank you so much for your reply. I will read all the suggestions. Thanks again!
christy. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help