Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1
xcodeaddict
Banned

iPod touch 1G replacement question

Hi there.

Apple just made me one of there "One time exceptions", and agreed to replace my iPod Touch 1G... but the girl didn't know with which model it would be replaced. Does anyone know if they still hold inventory stock of the 1G Touch for such situations?

Also... WOW! Legendary and polite CS from Apple, as usual! A lovely girl talked to me for an hour, and most of the conversation was about her life and hobbies - interesting and SO unexpected

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
xcodeaddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2
ufwa
macrumors regular

Highly doubt it.

Chances are they'll give you 4th gen.

Its just easier to pull out those from the back.

Its not impossible for them to still have a 1st though. When they recalled the 1st gen ipod nanos, some people got 1st gen replacements. later people got 6th gen replacements. Myself being one of those people who got 6th gen ones.
ufwa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:47 PM   #3
xcodeaddict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufwa View Post
Highly doubt it.

Chances are they'll give you 4th gen.

Its just easier to pull out those from the back.

Its not impossible for them to still have a 1st though. When they recalled the 1st gen ipod nanos, some people got 1st gen replacements. later people got 6th gen replacements. Myself being one of those people who got 6th gen ones.
Maybe I should have clarified the situation; this will be an Applecare replacement by post, not from a store.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

They'll still have first gens.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:18 PM   #5
xcodeaddict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Y View Post
They'll still have first gens.
I won't be accepting a 1st gen as a replacement, as every app I attempt to download says "Sorry, iOS 5.0 needed". That's silly - can't use ANY apps, which is half the point.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:35 PM   #6
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcodeaddict View Post
I won't be accepting a 1st gen as a replacement, as every app I attempt to download says "Sorry, iOS 5.0 needed". That's silly - can't use ANY apps, which is half the point.
You want to trade in your busted first generation yet won't except a refurbished first generation in exchange?

Somehow I know I must be reading that wrong.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong - but the 1G didn't ship with an app store at all, so you bought it not expecting to run apps.

Dude - Apple are offering you a free replacement of a 5 year old device. What do you expect? Jesus. If you want to run current apps, you'll need to buy a newer device. End of.
Brian Y is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Tubamajuba
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
If you don't want a 1st gen iPod touch, then buy a newer one. Apple is already doing something they almost never do by replacing it for free. You bought what you bought, and if you want something newer, you'll have to buy it.

That said... I sure hope it works out for you and Apple gives you a newer model! That would be awesome.
Tubamajuba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:03 PM   #9
xcodeaddict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubamajuba View Post
If you don't want a 1st gen iPod touch, then buy a newer one. Apple is already doing something they almost never do by replacing it for free. You bought what you bought, and if you want something newer, you'll have to buy it.

That said... I sure hope it works out for you and Apple gives you a newer model! That would be awesome.
Actually I totally agree with you; I cannot "expect" so much, after all

thank you, have a super day!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 05:33 AM   #10
maflynn

[mode note]
Lets keep the bickering down - I've removed some of the OT posts.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:13 PM   #11
xcodeaddict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
[mode note]
Lets keep the bickering down - I've removed some of the OT posts.
Have you? They all seem to be still here...

Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:59 AM   #12
trustever
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hi there.

Apple just made me one of there "One time exceptions", and agreed to replace my iPod Touch 1G... but the girl didn't know with which model it would be replaced. Does anyone know if they still hold inventory stock of the 1G Touch for such situations?

Also... WOW! Legendary and polite CS from Apple, as usual! A lovely girl talked to me for an hour, and most of the conversation was about her life and hobbies - interesting and SO unexpected

Thank you, I appreciate your help.
mate what was you problem and what you told them to get it swapped for free?
I have an ipod touch 1G that has been sittting in a drawer for long with the WSOD... I wish they will swap it for a never one..
trustever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch