Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jijih

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
im new in here, new to apple world too, my iphone 4 is factory unlocked, turned off suddenly last week then when i plugged it to the connector showed connect to itunes, i did a restore n updated to ios 6, first kept showing error 21 then after a few times it restored fine, and i chose to set it up as a new phone, but got stuck in a reboot loop, it shows the apple logo, then the slider n says slide to configue, whether i slide it or no it disconnects and restarts again!!!

i tried all tricks online DFU mode, or restore mode, 2 cables, 3 different computers.. still the same...:(
any other way to fix it?
can i do custom firmware on a non-jailbroken phone? i downloaded ios 6.0.1 but scared that if i restore from a file other than i tunes my phone will brick

jijih

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
it's the last choice cz i called them they said the only way is to replace it with another and they'll charge me $190

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If it's not a battery issue (charge it on the wall charger overnight) it will need repair.

We cannot make that change. Sounds like you have 3 options:
  1. Let Apple replace it
  2. Take it to an independent repair shop (can be risky)
  3. Buy a replacement phone.

jijih

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
If it's not a battery issue (charge it on the wall charger overnight) it will need repair.

We cannot make that change. Sounds like you have 3 options:
  1. Let Apple replace it
  2. Take it to an independent repair shop (can be risky)
  3. Buy a replacement phone.

u r right an independent technician is risky, they might open it and i lose the chance to replace it in the apple store.. besides, he wants half the cost of a new replacement from apple!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.