Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GunZi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
which one is best for a student? i mostly use the iPad in school, but my laptop at home. i want to switch to mac but i dont know which to get rMBP (15") or iMac (27"). for me the rMBP is more expensive because of taxes.

what are your thoughts? i'll be selling my old laptop for a decent price.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
What kind of school? Or where are you at in life? If you are transient like most students then a 27" anything will be a big boat anchor. It's for a person who will be in a place for a while. If that's you then I'd go with the rMBP. Great machine, easy to move.

rpramanik

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
San Francisco, USA
What are you studying

which one is best for a student? i mostly use the iPad in school, but my laptop at home. i want to switch to mac but i dont know which to get rMBP (15") or iMac (27"). for me the rMBP is more expensive because of taxes.

what are your thoughts? i'll be selling my old laptop for a decent price.

Graphic design, or writing... Think screen space for your activities.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California

Notebooks are not more expensive just because of taxes, they are simply more expensive, period.

Do you need power or a lot more power? Do you need to be mobile or will you work in a set location? How much screen real estate do you need, a lot or a hell of a lot more?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.