Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
And you don't know what I'm trying to point out. People trying to fix billing issues is not always about being honest. There ARE idiots that would think they got away with a free ipad only to get a surprise hit later.

I go by experience and it's the norm when dealing with the average consumer. If he's truly being honest, good on him.

Sure I do, you should not be surprised by a hit. You know you spent the money.

I am sure they dont have unlimited time to bill you either...

----------

You sound like you need one of these after your emotional speech.

Lets sing Kumbyya....

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
My advice, don't touch the billing, leave it alone, otherwise you maY get double billed and then you're gonna spend even more time sorting it out. I had a similar story, had a car rental which wasn't charged, the pre authorization was returned. I noticed the anomaly but didn't say anything because I know for a fact that preauths allow the company to take the money upto 12 months or so from the date of preauth. Come December, 3 months later sure enough it showed up and was payed in due course.
No need to complicate an already complicated process of billing systems. If you feel that bad perhaps order another ipad and return this one and hope the billing goes thru correctly the first time. Otherwise just leave it, they will bill you for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.