Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:18 PM   #51
blitzer09x87
macrumors 6502

it's time to move to LA.
blitzer09x87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 07:03 PM   #52
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502

i wish they were offering the note tablets, they are much more useful in taking notes.
egoistaxx9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:39 PM   #53
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps45 View Post
OK, I don't wish to get bogged down in this, but your point has sublimated from 'most homes own an iPad' (stated twice) to 'most households in large cities have access to a computer of some sort'. Not a subtle difference, and entirely sidesteps the issue that the iPad is being used for specific education purposes that a home desktop PC shared with the rest of the family cannot meet.

Anyway moving on... meanwhile, in the UK:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...school-parents
Not sure what you're getting at as I stand by both of my statements. I do believe that most homes (as in over 50%) have at least one iPad or tablet computer, especially in large, high-cost-of-living cities like LA and that, certainly almost ALL households in those places (probably in the 85-90%) range have some sort of computer. With this in mind, my point is that GIVING an iPad to students to keep - who likely already have an iPad or at least a computer - makes no sense, as they will be playing on the thing more than reading on it. I guess you don't remember what it's like being a kid with shiny new a toy in front of you -- not to mention a very expensive tax-payer funded toy. Now, purchasing iPads for technology courses that stay in the classroom and are used for specific assignments under the supervision of a teacher, for more than one year and thereby allowing an individual unit to be cycled through at least two students, is a different story, and a pretty good investment.
myrtlebee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:48 PM   #54
Davejprince
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Haha, that's what happened when my old primary school got MacBooks

----------

Why? Most other industries are being computerised... Why not education?
Because starting at a display all day isn't something people can do.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion