Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:47 AM   #651
TammyTPrice
macrumors newbie

note 2 (no sim card reader)

I purchased a used note 2 from a pawn shop, tried to put a straight talk sim card into it and it has no slot to insert the card, I watched several Utube videos to find out what to do, every video shown has a slot for a sd card AND a sim card, mine doesn't have/look the same, any clues as to what to do???

Last edited by TammyTPrice; Aug 20, 2014 at 02:02 AM.
TammyTPrice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:02 AM   #652
viskon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyTPrice View Post
I purchased a used note 2 from a pawn shop, tried to put a straight talk sim card into it and it has no slot to insert the card, I watched several Utube videos to find out what to do, every video shown has a slot for a sd card AND a sim card, mine doesn't have/look the same, any clues as to what to do???
Assuming that you are in the US, does your phone have a Verizon or Sprint logo ? If so, it is the CDMA version and will not support sim cards.
viskon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 08:39 PM   #653
einmusiker
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by viskon View Post
Assuming that you are in the US, does your phone have a Verizon or Sprint logo ? If so, it is the CDMA version and will not support sim cards.
This is incorrect. Verizon note 2 is on LTE and thus does in fact have a sim card

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyTPrice View Post
Where are you located and what is the carrier of the phone? Is it a Chinese carrier?
einmusiker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:09 PM   #654
mclld
macrumors 6502a

You probably got a fake, enter the imei here and see what it says
http://swappa.com/esn
mclld is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices