Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porgie

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Miami
Does anybody know how to ge tickets

If you live here in the states? can you buy them? or do you need to resort to Craig's List, or whatever works in the UK?

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Well, a lot of renowned artists are born in the UK, so that may have something to do with it... Can't be sure.

umm... what?

The entire UK can fit into, roughly, Texas.

Are there more artists per square mile? ;)

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
The iTunes Festival app is pretty impressive, and more importantly, the infrastructure for delivering the video is very solid. Apple has a history of testing future technologies in public, disguised just enough to hide their true purpose. For example, those little click-wheel iPod games were used to test technologies that are crucial to iOS and the App Store: purchasing, downloading, installing, and updating software on a portable device.

So perhaps Apple is using the iTunes Festival app to exercise and demonstrate Apple's video delivery technologies. For, yes, you guessed it, Apple's eventual television solution. Live streamed video, on-demand recorded video, millions of simultaneous connections, all proof-of-concept that Apple's television solution works. Ready and waiting for the right time to disrupt the television industry. Just a thought.

I watched a lot of the shows on Apple TV last year and it was pretty impressive, both live and on demand. I'm surprised they haven't expanded it to other events.

If you live here in the states? can you buy them? or do you need to resort to Craig's List, or whatever works in the UK?

You apply for tickets through the iTunes Festival app and they are drawn at random a week before the show.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
I watched a lot of the shows on Apple TV last year and it was pretty impressive, both live and on demand. I'm surprised they haven't expanded it to other events.

Extremely impressive. It must be very expensive to do at the moment.
I think Apple could be using the iTunes Festival as a test bed for their future
television solution. And as a demonstration to content providers that Apple
can handle the distribution. (As if all those keynote live streams weren't enough.)

And why would Apple need to impress content providers with their distribution prowess?
Well, there's an old entertainment industry saying: "Content is king. Distribution is King Kong."

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Awesome....I love free.....thirty concerts no less.....why can't we have that here..... :(

Free concerts?? In the US of A? The American concert managers/promoters will have none of this talk. None of it.

----------

I'm also curious, has anyone (Londoners or not) actually attended this live concert? How was your experience? Online app-viewing does not count.

I would like input from someone who actually attended the Festival (last year, or this current week). I'm not wild about rock concerts, but this might be something I'm interested in attending next year (about this time) on a possible visit to London. Might be a nice add'l itinerary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.