Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:59 AM   #26
M0esmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesnfooty View Post
What have you got open on safari? Have you tried installing click2flash (assuming this is flash building the usage), seems to be a browser issue from RAM usage.
It is stock Safari. I did nothing there. Just basic YouTube, opening .pdf's, eBay and various forums.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:01 PM   #27
NewishMacGuy
macrumors 6502a

Safari has had giant memory leak problems for a while now, though I didn't know that they persisted through the current version. Try Chrome or Firefox.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:45 PM   #28
M0esmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewishMacGuy View Post
Safari has had giant memory leak problems for a while now, though I didn't know that they persisted through the current version. Try Chrome or Firefox.
Haha it is almost the same that you suggest me try to use Windows instead of Mac now... No way I'm switching. No iCloud sync etc.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:16 PM   #29
NewishMacGuy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0esmac View Post
Haha it is almost the same that you suggest me try to use Windows instead of Mac now... No way I'm switching. No iCloud sync etc.
Sync with xMarks. It'll sync your bookmarks and open tabs across platforms. The latest version of Safari is fast and renders well, but there are a million reasons to ditch it for Chrome or Firefox. The memory leak and a horrendous lack of privacy and security being two. In fact, given your claims about the import of speed and lag time in your work and the sensitivity around describing what you do that requires the speed and always-on functionality, I'm surprised that you would ever even open Safari.

And I'm making no claims here that Chrome is any more private or secure, it's probably not, but Firefox certainly has far better privacy/security potential than either.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:52 PM   #30
M0esmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewishMacGuy View Post
Sync with xMarks. It'll sync your bookmarks and open tabs across platforms. The latest version of Safari is fast and renders well, but there are a million reasons to ditch it for Chrome or Firefox. The memory leak and a horrendous lack of privacy and security being two. In fact, given your claims about the import of speed and lag time in your work and the sensitivity around describing what you do that requires the speed and always-on functionality, I'm surprised that you would ever even open Safari.

And I'm making no claims here that Chrome is any more private or secure, it's probably not, but Firefox certainly has far better privacy/security potential than either.
But explain me, why should I switch if Safari is perfect for me except these ram issues. I'm sure that there is a way to fix it.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:46 AM   #31
NewishMacGuy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0esmac View Post
But explain me, why should I switch if Safari is perfect for me except these ram issues...
Um, maybe because the well known and documented Safari memory leak issue doesn't allow you to use your computer reliably in the way you would like to...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro