Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XPcentric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
The problem is that in the house I live now, there is a very old "electric board", not sure if I use the right term but you can understand what I mean. The electric installation needs repairing because I can hear fireworks in it. Because of that the light bulbs fluctuate, and even inside the power adapter of my mac I can here tic-tic sounds continuously. I hope it will not damage it until I make repairs with home.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
Computers power supplies have somewhat of a tolerance and this is probably when it doesn't turn itself off. That being said that is not a good situation at all.

In most cases a surge protector is good enough but in your case I would recommend a battery backup like an APC so that if you voltage drops too low it can keep the power constant. If your mini dies because of a power surge it will not be covered by warranty, and yes they can tell.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
So easy to say when you're not in someone else's shoes. If he lives in a dilapidated place, it's probably because the good quality ones come with a price or a rent he can't afford, let alone go somewhere else while still paying for the house to be repaired.

XPcentric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
ok, this topic can be closed, I resolved the problem with the hammer, no more fireworks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.