Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:37 PM   #1
bebe2713
macrumors newbie

PS3 Controller wont sync with my Mac OSX 10.6.8

I just bought a new PS3 controller - I had been using my boyfriends originally. I had no problems getting his controller to sync with my mac. However, I have followed all the tutorials and steps that I previously had done and nothing. I plugged the controller into my mac and the 4 lights start to blink. Then, I hold down the home button for 3-5 seconds and unplug the cable. Then the lights turn off completely. Usually, this is the part where they are supposed to blink faster and then I can see it under my bluetooth on my computer, etc.

To note, I did sync it with the actual PS3 console and it worked great. I tried resetting and resyncing and nothing.

Please help! Thanks

Bebe
bebe2713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 09:46 AM   #2
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe2713 View Post
I just bought a new PS3 controller - I had been using my boyfriends originally. I had no problems getting his controller to sync with my mac. However, I have followed all the tutorials and steps that I previously had done and nothing. I plugged the controller into my mac and the 4 lights start to blink. Then, I hold down the home button for 3-5 seconds and unplug the cable. Then the lights turn off completely. Usually, this is the part where they are supposed to blink faster and then I can see it under my bluetooth on my computer, etc.

To note, I did sync it with the actual PS3 console and it worked great. I tried resetting and resyncing and nothing.

Please help! Thanks

Bebe
There is a thread on this forum with instructions and a video.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:00 PM   #3
bebe2713
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edddeduck View Post
There is a thread on this forum with instructions and a video.

Edwin
Thank you for that answer...I would be nice to know what instructions/video you are referring to because, as I mentioned previously, I have read all relating threads and watched any video I could find. I understand the process of syncing the controller. My problem is that when I disconnect the wire, after holing in the home button for 3 sec, the lights just shut off.
bebe2713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:46 PM   #4
killr_b
macrumors 6502a

Hi OP,

Here is the thread edddeduck most likely was talking about since he posted the only reply in it, with a link to his vid.

I don't really have an answer for you, other than to make sure your ps3 is off... it's not an issue I've ever had.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Jedi
macrumors regular

I have the same Op Sys. on my Mac Mini 4.1.

The PS_3 Gamepad will work.

Make sure that you charge it first ! Plug USB cable into your Mac then into your PS-3 G_P , then , surf the web / e-mail / write a letter , what ever for a couple of hours.

Than , once the 4 flashing lights stop flashing ( on PS3 GP ) , press the PS Button on the GP.

Open Sys. Pref. / Select Bluetooth / ( you should see the PS3 listed ) / make it a favorite ( click on gear ).

Press PS Button on PS3 GP and hole while un-plugging.

The flashing lights should no go out ( off ) , it will show as NOT PAIRED , thats fine , it is paired.

Set up > show bluetooth icon in menu bar < click icon on menu bar and it should be listed as CONNECTED.

Now , every time you start your Mac , plug in the PS3 Cable to both Mac & GP , press PS button ( on GP ) , un-plug cable and you are good to go !

Best of luck , trick is it must be charged first !

I hope I have helped

Gary 
Jedi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games