Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keaide

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Address book has stopped to sync Google contacts. Opening the "Preferences" freezes the app for a few minutes then the preferences windows appears. There is no option for syncing Google contacts any more. Clicking on "On My Mac" shows nothing, the right side of the window is completely blank. Clicking on "+" and adding a new account does not have any "Google" options as well. Anything I could do to solve this? Is there a way to reset Address Book or anything else? I'm running Lion, and the contacts sussed to sync well with Google in the past (across all my Apple devices).

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You didn't happen to turn on iCloud Address Book sync did you? You can't contacts to Google and iCloud at the same time. Just an idea.

keaide

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Mail, Notes and Contacts are disabled in iCloud. I am syncing everything via Google (also to iPhone/iPad - no problems there). I think there's something wrong with Address Book because it is always freezing for several Minutes when I want to open the Address Book preferences in the menu bar. So I guess there is an issue with this "On My Mac" account that normally should have a "Google" setting bit is completely blank now. Is there a way to "reset" the Address Book?

Regarding the Google account... how to remove it?? The Gmail account in the "Mail, Contacts & Calendars" preferences does not even offer to sync contacts.

keaide

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Hm... if the only solution is to set up my email again, then I'll probably just wait a few more days and do that when I install ML from scratch (if my WinXP partition can survive that).
Thanks for all your help and replies!

johnjey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Northern CA
:confused:
Hm... if the only solution is to set up my email again, then I'll probably just wait a few more days and do that when I install ML from scratch (if my WinXP partition can survive that).
Thanks for all your help and replies!

I am suffering from the same issue OSX 10.8.4 :( and unable to sync gmail contacts with OSX contacts :( sucks !! any work arounds...google searches have not been able to help out !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.