Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unbrokendesigns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
Help! I created a new section on my online store, and everything is working correctly EXCEPT the photos are not appearing online! I have all the images in an img folder and I used drag and drop to make sure everything was uploaded on my FTP. In Dreamweaver, the page looks how it should (images appearing) but online, theres a blue box with a question mark. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bare with me. I am not a web person... I am trying to do this myself since my web guy is currently unavailable.

Thanks!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Help! I created a new section on my online store, and everything is working correctly EXCEPT the photos are not appearing online! I have all the images in an img folder and I used drag and drop to make sure everything was uploaded on my FTP. In Dreamweaver, the page looks how it should (images appearing) but online, theres a blue box with a question mark. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bare with me. I am not a web person... I am trying to do this myself since my web guy is currently unavailable.

Thanks!

Quick question. Did you use the original image folder you created for your site or did you create a new sub-folder or folder for the new images? If you created a new sub-folder or folder, then your links to those folders may may be wrong, which is creating the problem. If the rest of the new section is showing, then it is most likely a link problem. Also try uploading the photos again through your FTP, they may not have actually uploaded as you had thought in the first place.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
A common issue with FTP is uploading binary stuff (i.e images) as ASCII by accident if you re-upload. The most common issue is a bad link as noted earlier by firedept (web site has links to images in a different folder than where you FTP'd them, or a typo) so send us a link to a page which you know is bad, if the problem persists. We have ways of inspecting the links to help you troubleshoot.

johnmacd

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
It can not get the image properly.
Check the image path.
Try to give full path to the image with extension.

shelle

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
It can not get the image properly.
Check the image path.
Try to give full path to the image with extension.

Yeah, i will definitely check image path, actually is the path with the correct folder where photos are or is it not. For example:

It is not the same in joomla if you have

yoursite.com/images/stories/frontpageimg/img.jpg

or

yoursite.com/images/frontpageimg/img.jpg

you must have the exact path of wanted photo so it can be displayed.

Also check if extension of the photo is the same from the photo path. Your server can not deliver wanted photo with .jpg because there are only photo with .png which you uploaded..

Moshu

macrumors member
May 3, 2012
I had this issue once and this is what happened: some servers are caps sensitive, meaning that:

"img/photo.jpg" is not the same as "img/Photo.jpg" or (what happened to me) as "img/photo.JPG".

Double check the uppercase characters! Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the correct syntax is unless you provide a link.

I use WAMP for offline web-sites and WAMP is not caps sensitive, meaning that while the pictures displayed offline, they did not appear online.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

shelle

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
I had this issue once and this is what happened: some servers are caps sensitive, meaning that:

"img/photo.jpg" is not the same as "img/Photo.jpg" or (what happened to me) as "img/photo.JPG".

Double check the uppercase characters! Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the correct syntax is unless you provide a link.

I use WAMP for offline web-sites and WAMP is not caps sensitive, meaning that while the pictures displayed offline, they did not appear online.

Best of luck!

Yuup, that with "upper case" can cause a lot of problems. I know, for example, if you want to have website on HostGator, your images must have lower case - including their extensions also...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.