Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

mzl.buwfcvqq.320x480-75.jpg
The Pudding Monsters are on a mission to save their friends from the cold-hearted fridge owner! Growing into an ULTIMATE MEGA MONSTER sounds like the most reliable plan.

Off the table, out of the house, and into the city - swipe to stick the Pudding Monsters together and save their friends!

Take advantage of different monster species and their powers (like Slime Monster, who leaves a trail of green goo), boost your growth using the cloning machines, wear pretty little cars on your head and much more!

Features:

- 75 levels with more to come!
- Innovative stick-'em-together game-play mechanics
- Unique monster shapes, wacky personalities and attributes
- Fun, mind-bending experience suitable for all ages
The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Article Link: 'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!

I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007

It's crazy how cheap people are with prices for mobile apps. Especially if it's a "full" game that don't want you to by stuff in game I think paying $2 for both versions isn't very much.

But at the same time, since the release of new games and apps comes at a such high rate, if one buys many for $1 each it adds up. I guess one has to skip buying everything that seems interesting.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH

If they keep both at .99 cents....then I don't mind. A universal app would probably have been $1.99 or more anyway.

I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!

I only bought the HD version.....but so far I don't see the iCloud sync :mad: They did it so well with Cut The Rope....wonder why it's not in this one.

-Kevin

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England

It's not "double dipping". They are two separate devices with different specifications. Developers have every right to charge for the time it takes to adapt or rewrite their app for the iPhone or iPad.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Agree on both points. Put in syncing and just charge $1.99 for a universal app

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This game is such a rip off. I'm not even that good of a gamer to begin with, and it only took me one sitting to get through all 75 levels with three stars and all crowns. I'm glad I got the free Android version. I would be so p/o'd if I paid for this.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
This game is such a rip off. I'm not even that good of a gamer to begin with, and it only took me one sitting to get through all 75 levels with three stars and all crowns. I'm glad I got the free Android version. I would be so p/o'd if I paid for this.

The game is aimed at a younger audience and will have updates. Nonetheless, "in one sitting" for most causal iPhone games is usually only a short duration. Don't expect too much from a 69p spend!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The game is aimed at a younger audience and will have updates. Nonetheless, "in one sitting" for most causal iPhone games is usually only a short duration. Don't expect too much from a 69p spend!

When I can sit in the car for five minutes and knock out 20+ levels, that is a problem. Sure, it's for a younger audience, but so is Where's My Water? and that's much more challenging. It'll have updates, but I'd have deleted it from my device by that point.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Article Link: 'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad

Its also available on android as well. Its free on there as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.