Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 10, 2013, 04:08 AM   #26
k3nny
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangw View Post
I'm not getting this to work... not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Can I use this standalone (i.e. without installing anything else from Bootcamp)? I copied the two files from the 4.1 version from K3nny and then ran the registry updater, but I still can't view any HFS drives. Using Win 7 64-bit on a pure Windows machine.
Yes, they are meant to be used standalone. Have a look at the Disk Management app. It is possible that you need to assign a letter to the drive first. Otherwise feel free to try the previous versions.
k3nny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 08:02 PM   #27
MonsterMac
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nny View Post
Yes, they are meant to be used standalone. Have a look at the Disk Management app. It is possible that you need to assign a letter to the drive first. Otherwise feel free to try the previous versions.
I too have followed the steps in the instructions - the first time I got some bad files and the addmerge didn't work but the files posted by EdSaxman seem to be working but I am still unable to access any files on my FreeAgent mac drive - it recognizes it in the devices and printers section of windows Vista but i can't do anything more with it - HELP !! lol

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMac View Post
I too have followed the steps in the instructions - the first time I got some bad files and the addmerge didn't work but the files posted by EdSaxman seem to be working but I am still unable to access any files on my FreeAgent mac drive - it recognizes it in the devices and printers section of windows Vista but i can't do anything more with it - HELP !! lol
oh and where would I find the disk management app and/or how do I change the name to add the letter ?
MonsterMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:35 PM   #28
k3nny
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMac View Post
... oh and where would I find the disk management app and/or how do I change the name to add the letter ?
Try following these steps. You will see an overview with all available drives and partitions and will be able to assign/change the letter if you do a right click on the HFS partition.
k3nny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:20 PM   #29
klaxce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
FIX for Win7 HFS Not showing up at all

First: A big thanks to everyone for releasing the drivers and registry mod!

So I had copied the .sys files into the drivers folder more than once, and it even offered to overwrite them, but every time I looked, the files weren't there. So I figured they weren't actually copying. I used an admin shell and copied them that way, and it worked perfectly.

Start, search "cmd", right-click, choose "Run as Administrator"
When the cmd window pops up, type:
"copy" space "full path to folder\Apple*.sys" space "C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
and it should copy both files (\Apple*.sys tells it to copy both the HFS and MNT files). For me it was:
copy C:\AppleHFS\x64\Apple*.sys C:\Windows\System32\drivers



Let me know if this helped anyone
(Don't forget to still run the "AppleHFS_Add.reg" and then reboot)

Ps- Sorry the images are so huge, but I feel they are necessary
Image links just in case: http://bayimg.com/LanAHaaEM & http://bayimg.com/lANAkAaeM
klaxce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:44 PM   #30
MickChandler
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Guys, why not just install Paragon HFS+ for Windows? I'm with him from autumn 2012 and all works very well, without fail.
MickChandler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:58 PM   #31
klaxce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Because Paragon HFS+ for Windows is $19.95 and I just need to pull all the data off this drive once and then wipe and reformat it NTFS.

If you need write support on Windows, then absolutely, but for a free read only driver, I can spend 10 minutes getting it to work.

& Yes, I could just use their free trial, but then I'd have to uninstall it, and why bother? Now I've got a read-capable driver for the future too, you never know when you might need to copy a HFS drive.
klaxce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 06:29 PM   #32
arsenik
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
So I tried to install this on my moms computer. And it looked like it was going smoothly. Got to the restart portion. So I did. Now it won't reboot. It just gets stuck in a boot loop of "Windows Loading Files" and a progress bar that completes but won't advance past it. Followed the directions to a T. Can someone please help me?!?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
So I tried to install this on my moms computer. And it looked like it was going smoothly. Got to the restart portion. So I did. Now it won't reboot. It just gets stuck in a boot loop of "Windows Loading Files" and a progress bar that completes but won't advance past it. Followed the directions to a T. Can someone please help me?!?
Dell Latitude E5500
arsenik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:11 PM   #33
spiralof5
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nny View Post
Try following these steps. You will see an overview with all available drives and partitions and will be able to assign/change the letter if you do a right click on the HFS partition.
This may be an old thread but DO NOT DO WHAT K3nny suggests. Changing the drive letter in Disk Management will **** up your partition tables and will leave you with a useless drive on both Windows AND OS X. How do I know? IT HAPPENED TO ME (Thanks a ****ing bunch you doucher). I had to use testdisk to restore the partition table.

k3nny, delete that post.
spiralof5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 02:40 AM   #34
Uplift
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thanks for sharing this, coincidentally stumbled across this after looking for something but not sure what, i recently got rid of an old mac and copied all data to my external hard drive, replaced with a windows box i plugged in my drive and it wouldn't be picked up.. i'm sat thinking what do i need to make it work, i visit MR and this thread is right there in my face
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2014, 04:14 PM   #35
2Turbo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSaxman View Post
Some time ago I found the 3.2.0.2 drivers thanks to this thread, and in gratitude, I would like to contribute with this update:

Apple HFS Read Only Driver v4.0.2.0.zip

They are extracted from Bootcamp 5.0 for MBP 2012. Includes 32 and 64 bit version.

The rest of the content is exactly the same as in the Quad5Ny original zip.

Tested in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Enjoy!
Does this work with Windows 8.1.1? Is this still the latest version?
2Turbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2014, 06:19 PM   #36
keybounce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
What is the latest 32 bit driver for Vista?

I'm going to be stuck with a time machine disk and no laptop for the weekend
keybounce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2014, 05:02 PM   #37
keybounce
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSaxman View Post
Some time ago I found the 3.2.0.2 drivers thanks to this thread, and in gratitude, I would like to contribute with this update:

Apple HFS Read Only Driver v4.0.2.0.zip

They are extracted from Bootcamp 5.0 for MBP 2012. Includes 32 and 64 bit version.

The rest of the content is exactly the same as in the Quad5Ny original zip.

Tested in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

Enjoy!
Ok, I installed the 32 bit drivers from this file, into my mother's vista machine.

I have verified that the registry settings are in there (I had to run regedit as an administrator to get them to import).

I have verified that the files are in windows/system32/drivers

The drive is USB.

It shows up as a 200 MB EFI partition, followed by a 465 GB raw primary partition.

No data.
Drive has 4 partitions inside that 465 GB.

Help? Please?
keybounce is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows bootcamp, MacHD(HFS+)visible, External(HFS+) not visible. justperry Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 3 Jun 3, 2013 07:50 AM
Defragment HFS+ 3TB disk on Windows 7 (with MacDrive)? tommyjay Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 2 Feb 10, 2013 05:39 PM
Reading a HFS+ Encrypted Drive in Windows eyepea Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 2 Jan 6, 2013 06:20 PM
Is it safe to attach an HFS+ formatted drive to a Windows machine? bigwig OS X 4 Jul 23, 2012 08:45 PM
Lacie USB3.0 driver = com.apple.driver.Lacie_RemoteComms? MacRumoren OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Jul 21, 2012 05:19 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC