Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Alright so after attempting to jailbreaking my Ipod 2G. Everything was installed, and after installation I was taken back to the apple logo screen, and it keeps freezing no matter what.

I've read and watched so many videos now about putting it in DFU and holding the home and on/off buttons for a extended amount of time to fix it. To recover it through itunes. Problem is it does absolutely nothing. It doesn't put it in the DFU mode to attempt to recover it. Been attempting this for 5 days now and it does nothing at all. While it's in the apple logo loading screen it has a white loading circle and that's when it freezes. iTunes doesn't detect the ipod as well.

Is my Ipod 2G doomed of never being fixed or is there some way to fix it?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It isn't doomed. DFU mode is quite easy and your answer! If anything else fails or you feel you did everything you could, try going to Apple to restore it.

They might charge you, but they'll definitely get it working.

Axrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
It isn't doomed. DFU mode is quite easy and your answer! If anything else fails or you feel you did everything you could, try going to Apple to restore it.

Well problem is I already tried getting it to DFU mode, but it just doesn't happen.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high

His iPOd is Jailbroken. Apple won't do a dang to it. They won't touch it.

Well problem is I already tried getting it to DFU mode, but it just doesn't happen.
Hold the home button for 5 seconds. while doing so, plug iPod into computer and immediately press the sleep/power button. Hold until device powers back up.
LMK if that doesn't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.