Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
hi i have an ipod touch 4g on ios 6.1.3 and i have saved shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 whenever i try and do it in redsn0w (i have the latest version) it says put in pwn dfu mode then it will continue i did that then the loading bar goes on waiting for reboot then exploit failed
What am I doing wrong?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
hi i have an ipod touch 4g on ios 6.1.3 and i have saved shsh blobs for ios 5.1.1 whenever i try and do it in redsn0w (i have the latest version) it says put in pwn dfu mode then it will continue i did that then the loading bar goes on waiting for reboot then exploit failed
What am I doing wrong?

Since iOS 5, you can't downgrade even using saved shsh blobs on most devices.

max53389

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Have you tried using a stitched IPSW file that you can make with redsn0w.
If that doesnt work then just keep trying. It sometimes takes a couple of times.
When it fails just reboot it then try again.

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
Have you tried using a stitched IPSW file that you can make with redsn0w.
If that doesnt work then just keep trying. It sometimes takes a couple of times.
When it fails just reboot it then try again.

I did. But I just got to the fact where I gave up

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
its a 4g, so its always downgradable. op: just get your shah files for 5.1.1 saved on your computer, then go and build i signed ipsw with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze. then restore to that firmware. that simple.

I did then it says device is supposed to be in recovery instead of DFU

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
search on youtube "downgrade iOS 5.1.1" there are plenty. i can't remember the you tuber now, but theres a good one I've seen. good luck.

I got it I wasn't holding the home button down after the dfu I would let go but you were supposed to keep on holding it after thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.