Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
IMO GTAIII was sweet as with touch controls, and so far Vice City seems to be as well... They didn't a pretty good implementation. Certainly wasn't half-assed.

Thanks for the feedback. In that case I think I'll give it a try on the iPad.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
This was one of my favorite games on PS2, I've never cared for virtual controls on the iPhone - but I may just give it a shot here....something to keep me entertained on all the flights I take.

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
Some missions were borderline impossible on the PS2, I wonder how much more difficult they'll be using virtual controls.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
Are the controls that bad in practice? In this video, the car driving is a bit off...don't know if that's the person playing, or the controls just aren't good.

And is aiming decent? Can you touch where you want to aim?

meatballs

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
on your plate
Are the controls that bad in practice? In this video, the car driving is a bit off...don't know if that's the person playing, or the controls just aren't good.

And is aiming decent? Can you touch where you want to aim?

The controls are fine, you can position them anywhere you want. The problem I have is that there is too much lag and dropped frames, this is especially noticeable while driving making it difficult. The helicopter is more or less impossible to fly as it just goes round and round.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Anybody else have the bug on the iPad where the keyboard pops up the moment you open the game and it never goes away? It makes the game unplayable for me :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.