Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grkazan11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Hey guys I've tried and posted it on so many sites already, but no one was interested in doing a trade.

Was wondering if any you guys knew about any more sites where I could try to trade my 16GB Black iPad mini for an iPad 3. I've tried craigslist already, but absolutely nothing has come up. Also, was wondering if anyone in this forum was interested.

Don't get me wrong I love the iPad mini, it's just that I need the larger and retina screen to read large PDFs for my classes this semester.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You can't trade or sell here as a new member.
You just have to wait it out. With the rumors of a new model in March, some may be sitting back waiting to see what happens.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
I'm sorry but I don't think someone that spent 500 or more on an iPad 3 when it came out is going to want to trade you for an iPad mini that you spent 329 on. The absolute cheapest I have seen iPad threes was on apples refurbished section of their website for 379. I think you'll have better luck selling the mini and just buying a used or refurbished iPad 3.

Good luck

kitzuki

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
I'm sorry but I don't think someone that spent 500 or more on an iPad 3 when it came out is going to want to trade you for an iPad mini that you spent 329 on. The absolute cheapest I have seen iPad threes was on apples refurbished section of their website for 379. I think you'll have better luck selling the mini and just buying a used or refurbished iPad 3.

Good luck

This. A trade straight would a loss for the 3 owner. However I've seen ipad4 users regretting getting a 4 instead of mini try pming them :p

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
You're going to need to offer cash with that trade. Probably about $50-$75 will do it. If I had a 3, I wouldn't do a straight trade for a mini. I would do the trade, just with cash.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sell it for cash and then put it towards a new iPad. By putting it up for a trade you're artificially decreasing the population of who will be willing to take your iPad.

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
You'd be surprise, i would have traded for sure, Ive just sold my ipad3 16gb for a mini. Some people just prefer the smaller size.

litfuel

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
i sold my 3 for $400 and bought the mini, however if someone offered me a mini for the 3 I'd say #@$@ off unless you want to pay me $70 extra with the trade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.