Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1
xxxamazexxx
macrumors member

Unhappy Volume automatically lowered with the new earpod?

I just got the new earpod today and when I used it with my white MacBook the volume seemed much lower than when I use my other headphones. The volume indicator was the same, it's just that the sound was somehow much softer.

I have tried the earpod and my other headphones on my Android phone and there didn't seem to be any problem. The sound outputs were comparable. Therefore, we can eliminate the possibility that the earpod is defective. The only reason I can think of is that since the earpod is also a microphone, maybe there's a setting in Mountain Lion that automatically reduces the volume when a microphone appears to be in use simultaneously with the earphones.

Could anyone help me out please? The earpods is very nice btw.
xxxamazexxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2
xxxamazexxx
macrumors member

UPDATE: I just repeated the experiment on an iMac and a PC. Same problem on iMac, everything's ok on PC. So the culprit must be Mountain Lion!
xxxamazexxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion