Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Yesterday I went to the store and bought the last new iPod Touch they had - a 32gb black/slate version. I love it and can't see myself using the old one.

My 4th Gen. had slowed to a trickle under 5 and 6 and 6.1 so I wasn't using it except for music.

Also, my favourite ereader - Stanza - is letterboxed on the new Touch...are there other good, customizable ereaders available apart from iBooks?

Thanks.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Well I sold it already!

For £110 = 175.7250 US dollars - to the sister of a friend.. I included the nice white rubber case and a wall charger..she seems pretty pleased.

I'm still looking for a decent ereader app - I like iBooks but want something a little more customizable and into which I can import my epub files.

Last edited:

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I'm still looking for a decent ereader app - I like iBooks but want something a little more customizable and into which I can import my epub files.

Sony just released a free app for iOS devices. Also Kobo has a decent iOS app as does Bluefire Reader and BAM Reader. In my opinion, they're not as good as Stanza once was - but they are all free to try.

Last edited:

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Thanks - I got Bluefire today and quite like it. I don't think Sony has released their app for the UK yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.