Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
Is anyone getting reboot loops on iOS 7 beta 2? I tried it on my iPhone 4 and 4S and both of them have iOS 7 beta 2 clean installed. After turning them on and off they get stuck in a reboot loop. They are both registered in the iPhone Developer Program. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. Any fixes? Thanks.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
i had the same prob. but the phone would make its way to the lock screen then reloop. the way i got out of it was by pressing the lock button before it would loop again.

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
I wonder why though? It was working fine since beta 1 and now, just today. It chooses to reboot loop me? I know it's a beta but it was working perfectly fine before. I could reboot at will and hard reset without any problems. Same for beta 2 until today. Only today, now both of my devices get into reboot loops even after a clean install. I hope this gets fixed in beta 3. Had to downgrade back to iOS 6. :( The iOS 7 look grew on me already. I miss the green buttons and the flat interface!

cdcrowell

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
nashville,tn
my ipad and iphone 5 both have done this a couple of times.on my iphone i just put beta 1 back on it until 3 drops.so far so good

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
Thanks for the feedback guys. Can I ask that this thread be updated with more feedback from other users? Thanks. Let's see if other users get this reboot loop until beta 3. :apple:

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
When beta 3 drops, can someone please add the results to this thread like, if the reboot loops stopped? Thanks. Try a hard reset and a normal power on/off cycle. I would do it myself but the day the beta drops I'm off to somewhere without wifi! :(

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
This is the 5th time I'm posting the solution. People are obviously to lazy to do a search on the forum before posting a new topic.

- Get to the latest 6.1.X for your device with all apps and settings in tact.
- make a back-up
- update to 7.0b1 (I repeat update as in: not restore)
- on the iDevice go to settings > General and reset the settings. (not data; just settings)
This will NOT reset the settings of your apps, just the iPhone settings like the wallpaper and ringtones, etc.
- turn off "Find my iPhone"
- update to 7.0b2 OTA or update via iTunes

All done

Last edited:

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
Can anyone test BlankStar's solution? Like I said, I don't have internet at the place I'm going to. Thanks again. ATM I'm downgraded at 6.1.3 on my 4s so Step 1 is already done.

----------

I did a forum search (sorry BlankStar, forgot about that function) and I found this thread. They are having the same issues as me. Can anyone verify their solution? Thanks. It appears that they found the culprit for the reboot loops.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1602855/

cdcrowell

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
nashville,tn
Can anyone test BlankStar's solution? Like I said, I don't have internet at the place I'm going to. Thanks again. ATM I'm downgraded at 6.1.3 on my 4s so Step 1 is already done.

----------

I did a forum search (sorry BlankStar, forgot about that function) and I found this thread. They are having the same issues as me. Can anyone verify their solution? Thanks. It appears that they found the culprit for the reboot loops.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1602855/

tried bankstars solution and it still reboot loops. if anything freezes on screen and you reboot it, it will go into loop with restore the only option.ive went back to beta 1 for now

nanolife

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
Pasadena
This is the 5th time I'm posting the solution. People are obviously to lazy to do a search on the forum before posting a new topic.

- make a back-up
- on the iDevice go to settings > General and reset the settings. (not data; just settings)
This will NOT reset the settings of your apps, just the iPhone settings like the wallpaper and ringtones, etc.

All done

Cool down man, your "solution" obviously doesn't apply as a rule so why don't you just cool down a bit and move on to the next thread?

I've tried this "solution" as well as others users here and doesn't work. It may work for you and a few others but as I said, it doesn't apply as a rule or solution.

Anyway... OP, you can try DFU restoring your device and reinstalling Beta 2. It worked for me, no more boot loop.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

- make a back-up

All done

Now this is funny....

Solenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
U.S.A
@nanolife,
I already tried that. It boot looped on the second reboot. On this link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1602855/

Last edited:

Bobajobbob

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2005
You can go direct from 6.1.4 to beta 2. You don't have to install beta 1 first. Just reset all setting and turn off find my iPhone first and then perform an update/install. Worked for me.

cdcrowell

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
nashville,tn
You can go direct from 6.1.4 to beta 2. You don't have to install beta 1 first. Just reset all setting and turn off find my iPhone first and then perform an update/install. Worked for me.

I tried that also and still if your screen ever freezes and you reboot it does nothing but loop I'm stating on beta 1 until 3 comes out

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Cool down man, your "solution" obviously doesn't apply as a rule so why don't you just cool down a bit and move on to the next thread?

I've tried this "solution" as well as others users here and doesn't work. It may work for you and a few others but as I said, it doesn't apply as a rule or solution.

Anyway... OP, you can try DFU restoring your device and reinstalling Beta 2. It worked for me, no more boot loop.

Well, then people should start their topic with: "i found this solution in topic X but doesn't work for me" or post in that topic. There are at least 9 topics concerning the reboot loop when upgrading to beta 2.

Now there are 9 topics like this with the boot loop as subject. Would be nice if people used the search function and everyone post in one topic.

Anyhow, beta 3 is here. So /care on the boot loop of beta 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.