Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerezanito

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2011
Please before upgrade my imac from lion to mountain lion I like to know if somebody have problems using handbrake thank you

Bevelmon

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Solution: I downgraded to the previous version and everything works fine again.

Version 0.9.7 x86_64 (2012071700)

Go figure...

I have the same problem... how did you downgrade? I tried looking for a download and the version before 9.8 is listed as 9.6 on the HB website. Additionally the HB application date is the same on all my backups back to July but I only upgraded yesterday. Looks like some file was updated the application accesses rather than the application itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

luga00

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I'm having this exact same problem today.

I've converted hundreds of dvd ISO's using handbrake to M4V.

I've converted this very file before and it worked previously.

Now it says 'encoding finished' after 2 minutes or so and no output file conversion.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2002

I've converted hundreds of dvd ISO's using handbrake to M4V.

Now it says 'encoding finished' after 2 minutes or so and no output file conversion.

i think it has to do with sony dvd file structure, or some quirk with their copy protection...

jcb10

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008

This may be a no-brainer, but make sure the DVD is clean. I had a couple Handbrake conversions fail recently (or just burn a few minutes of the movie). Ejecting the DVD and cleaning off the smudges with a soft cotton cloth (clean T-shirt might work) resulted in a good copy next time.

luga00

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
This is a DVD Iso on disc using DVDFab virtual drive so there's not actually a physical disc involved here. Like I said, this same file encoded absolutely fine day before yesterday. Very Strange.
r

luga00

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Problem appears to be a , (comma) in the subtitle srt filename causing the filename to be truncated

jkanswer

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2018
Problem appears to be a , (comma) in the subtitle srt filename causing the filename to be truncated

Hi for anyone else with this issue, I'm on Mac High Sierra, any videos that I was burning in SRT subtitles with Handbrake would ignore the first line of subtitle ONLY if the file was edited in Aegisub. I was able to reproduce issue this over and over. The SRT subtitle NOT edited by Aegisub did not give me this issue.

My only solution was to use Jubler which did not give me this issue. Good luck all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.