Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Well I wouldn't send from iCloud.com b/c any reply would be rejected. Apple should deny sending until both work.

Yeah, I only sent myself some tests to make sure. I don't even really care about using the @icloud.com address, since I prefer @mac.com, but wanted to give some updated information for those interested.

jW

iKnowMr.Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2010
Im having very similar issues. I can send emails from ***@icloud.com but i can't receive. I can however get emails forwarded from my .me account of the same name. Its so, so strange.

FogCityMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Any updates on this?

What could the hold be that's preventing the switch over?

Is Apple still letting people sign up for a me.com account or are all new accounts iCloud.com? And if so, are those new iCloud.com accounts working properly?

Are Apple stores still signing up new customers with me.com accounts when they purchase new products and are helping customers with setup?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Any updates on this?

What could the hold be that's preventing the switch over?

Is Apple still letting people sign up for a me.com account or are all new accounts iCloud.com? And if so, are those new iCloud.com accounts working properly?

Are Apple stores still signing up new customers with me.com accounts when they purchase new products and are helping customers with setup?

As of today, mine is finally allowing me to send emails from it.

And no, I don't believe you can sign up for a new @me.com account.

FogCityMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I can now send from @icloud.com and to icloud.com (without the email bouncing back).

I still have @me.com account loaded on iPhone. I can not set up an @icloud.com email account on iPhone. Can anyone else? If so, did you have to delete your @me.com email address first?

Will the two accounts act inter-changeably? Will everyone's @me.com account eventually go away and everyone migrated to @icloud.com?

Has Apple explained how any of this will work?

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
My icloud email address was finally turned on yesterday. It was showing up before and for the last couple of weeks I had been testing sending an email to it but they were all rejected until yesterday.

Also checked appleid.apple.com and now I have the ability to make my iCloud email address my Apple ID and Primary Email Address so I can get rid of the gmail one!

However, that doesn't seem to actually work yet. But before yesterday, there wasn't even an option for it listed. So they are still rolling out pieces of puzzle slowly. Looks like we will finally be able to use just one email address for the Apple ID and iCloud email even if you were a previous Mobileme subscriber.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
So I didn't realize that apple hasn't made icloud.com to work yet...

I signed up some very important forms using icloud.com instead of me.com and now I fear I haven't received them yet.

What should I do?

I need to receive those emails. (I just tried sending one to myself with my gmail.com and it got bounced back with an error).

Thanks

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
So I didn't realize that apple hasn't made icloud.com to work yet...

I signed up some very important forms using icloud.com instead of me.com and now I fear I haven't received them yet.

What should I do?

I need to receive those emails. (I just tried sending one to myself with my gmail.com and it got bounced back with an error).

Thanks

I recommend contacting Apple Support as soon as you can to ask them why your @icloud.com email address isn't working yet, if there's anything they can do to activate it immediately, and, if they can't activate it, when you should expect it to begin working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.