Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianoboy99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Hi folks,
first post, sorry if this is in the wrong place (please direct me to correct forum)

I (re-)downloaded my Call of Duty 1 game from the app store to test my new iMac 27 and it gets to the opening menu screen and then when I load up an actual game or start a new game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then the imac restarts, happens every time.

It does this no matter what I set the performance & graphics settings to in the game.

It was working fine on my MBP 13" June/July 2012 model (non retina).

It does say on the description on the Call of Duty page on the App store that they are having some problem with the NVIDIA 600 series and to wait for 10.8.3. I'm assuming this is the most likely explanation.

So.... to get to my question.
1. Anyone else having this problem?
2. Is it something I should be worried about with my new machine?
3. Is it normal for faulty software to auto-restart the system?
4. Any suggestions (other than wait for 10.8.3)

Apologies for the vagueness of this, I'm a newbie to gaming, and if the issue is with the software, I'm happy to delete it, but I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my new iMac.

Thanks in advance.

-----
iMac 27" late 2012, 1 TB Fusion, 3.4 i7, 8GB RAM, 675MX 1GB

muz10

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2010
Same problem here

Hi folks,
first post, sorry if this is in the wrong place (please direct me to correct forum)

I (re-)downloaded my Call of Duty 1 game from the app store to test my new iMac 27 and it gets to the opening menu screen and then when I load up an actual game or start a new game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then the imac restarts, happens every time.

It does this no matter what I set the performance & graphics settings to in the game.

It was working fine on my MBP 13" June/July 2012 model (non retina).

It does say on the description on the Call of Duty page on the App store that they are having some problem with the NVIDIA 600 series and to wait for 10.8.3. I'm assuming this is the most likely explanation.

So.... to get to my question.
1. Anyone else having this problem?
2. Is it something I should be worried about with my new machine?
3. Is it normal for faulty software to auto-restart the system?
4. Any suggestions (other than wait for 10.8.3)

Apologies for the vagueness of this, I'm a newbie to gaming, and if the issue is with the software, I'm happy to delete it, but I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with my new iMac.

Thanks in advance.

-----
iMac 27" late 2012, 1 TB Fusion, 3.4 i7, 8GB RAM, 675MX 1GB
Having same problem on my brand new 21" iMac. Will be calling Aspyr for help. The game worked on my 2010 macbook pro, so what's up.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
try in bootcamp...maybe for this new graphic cards from imacs (2012) there are no drivers for that old game..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.