Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
My wife uses 13" MBP 2010 2.4GHZ version with 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Even with SSD it is not super fast machine in any sense. I'm thinking about picking up 2012 MBA wit 8GB RAM + 128GB SSD. I want to know if that is good enough to run Windows on VMWare ? She will need it because of her work.

This is urgent as I need to pick something before christmas :).

I'm going to sell her 2010 MBP which had Snow Leoperd and then I upgraded it to OSX 10.7 on it. So how do I reinstall everything on that system so I can sell it. I'm asking what is way to restore system back to factory default.

Last edited:

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
My wife uses 13" MBP 2010 2.4GHZ version with 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD. Even with SSD it is not super fast machine in any sense. I'm thinking about picking up 2012 MBA wit 8GB RAM + 128GB SSD. I want to know if that is good enough to run Windows on VMWare ? She will need it because of her work.

This is urgent as I need to pick something before christmas :).

I'm going to sell her 2010 MBP which had Snow Leoperd and then I upgraded it to OSX 10.7 on it. So how do I reinstall everything on that system so I can sell it. I'm asking what is way to restore system back to factory default.

A 2012 MBA with 8GB RAM + 128GB SSD will definitely run Windows 7 in VMWare. Very well even. You have nothing to worry about. I ran it fine with my old 2008 MacBook with 4GB RAM

siphyn87

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Not only will windows 7 run, but windows 8 will also run perfectly. I currently have windows 8 running in bootcamp/VMware. The drivers work perfectly with the exception of the volume overlay not popping up when you increase/decrease the volume. Which is fine by me.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Thank you guys for your help, how do i go about resetting it to factory default and how do I install Lion back on it as there is no disc for Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.