Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1
artistinmemphis
macrumors newbie

Mailing list management ideas?

How are some of you designers and artists keeping up with your clients and friends in terms of contact lists?

I'm a landscape painter, and want to keep track of contacts, create labels to mail postcards for art shows, send batch emails for art invitations.

I don't need huge software with tons of options.

I'd be curious to find out what has worked for you.

I have some software (Artwork Archive) I'm using to archive my artwork, but it doesn't have email capability. Some artists I've talked with are using iContact for email, Bento or Filemaker for contacts.

Thanks.
artistinmemphis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:05 PM   #2
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

I just kept it simple, used a word processor with an address label template. Then I kept it "groomed". Any new business contacts, bang, into the document. --And any returned postcards --boom, modify the list with changed addresses, etc. Once the main body of addresses had been entered it was pretty easy to maintain.

If you ever get an intern for a semester, this is something they could do.

I've since got Bento and haven't yet merged The List into it.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:24 PM   #3
artistinmemphis
macrumors newbie

Thanks CrickettGrrl... now if I can just teach my trustworth dog to type,,, he comes with me when I go out painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickettGrrrl View Post

If you ever get an intern for a semester, this is something they could do.

I've since got Bento and haven't yet merged The List into it.
Bento has lots of neat features. I couldn't figure out how to make a list of paintings with title info on one page though (consigment sheet for a gallery), it seems to only handle one file at a time and can't list the images together? My Bento trial ran out, so haven't pursued it.
artistinmemphis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

I use constant contact to send emails. I have a database specific to my industry for storing the data
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistinmemphis View Post
Thanks CrickettGrrl... now if I can just teach my trustworth dog to type,,, he comes with me when I go out painting.
Heh, my studiodogs feel they do enough simply being muses. If I could strap brushes to their paws & get any meaningful work from them, I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artistinmemphis View Post
Bento has lots of neat features. I couldn't figure out how to make a list of paintings with title info on one page though (consigment sheet for a gallery), it seems to only handle one file at a time and can't list the images together? My Bento trial ran out, so haven't pursued it.
A few months ago I downloaded an Artwork database template from Bento's Template Exchange. Unfortunately, none of the Bento help links are working, including the template exchange. I've downloaded a lot of stuff from that site.

But it's easy to add additional fields and you can look at things with list view, etc. Here's the sample:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-01-20 at 8.13.31 PM.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	391491  

Last edited by CrickettGrrrl; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Mental dribbling
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:39 AM   #6
fig
macrumors 6502a

You might check out MadMimi, really simple e-mail/mailing list solution that's free to cheap depending on your list and mailing needs.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics