Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1
NavySEAL6
macrumors regular

Pokemon Alternative?

I've had the urge to go back and play Pokemon but its not worth it for me to buy a DS just for that, especially with an iPad and an iPhone. I was hoping someone would know of a great alternative/rip off/whatever for iOS? Preferably universal and with iCloud saving? If not would someone like to develop this? If so, feel free to send me a download code and perhaps some royalties
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:54 PM   #2
chrf097
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySEAL6 View Post
I've had the urge to go back and play Pokemon but its not worth it for me to buy a DS just for that, especially with an iPad and an iPhone. I was hoping someone would know of a great alternative/rip off/whatever for iOS? Preferably universal and with iCloud saving? If not would someone like to develop this? If so, feel free to send me a download code and perhaps some royalties
Yeahhhhhhhhhhno.

I also would like to know if there's a similar app too. I can think of many virtual pet games, but nothing really pokemon related.

There is a Pokemon card maker app and you can have battles in that though.

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Intell
macrumors P6

Digimon?
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 3:16 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySEAL6 View Post
You grab a used Gameboy Advance and a copy of Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Ruby and/or Pokémon Blue. Ain't nothing like the real thing.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:16 PM   #5
NavySEAL6
macrumors regular

Thats true, I just like the idea of having the games on iOS. I love how you always have everything on you. No cellphone, mp3 player, camera, and gameboy. iPhone/iPad is all in one. Plus you always have your iPhone with you and its great to pass time.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:51 AM   #6
brayan.richard
macrumors newbie

Nope, never seen or heard anything like this....
Looks like no one is there who cares for 90's kids.....

21' iMac, Macmini, ipod, iphone 3gs
Cast-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anit...569487314?mt=8
brayan.richard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:03 AM   #7
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

There is something just like this that is online with battling with other players too!

its called "Minimon Online" just search it in the app store.

No its not my game but it is created by an individual developer and its his baby lots of updates and a great game. (dont worry you can thank me by downloading one of my apps too lol )

TouchMint.com is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:18 PM   #8
loon3y
macrumors 6502a

Nintendo is going to fight tooth and nail with their portable gaming devices before putting out any games on the iOS platform.

which is retarded, the industry for portable gaming devices is gone, if it was cheaper like around the price of the gameboy would of been fine,

but 200 dollars to buy a nintendo 3DS? lol i rather just upgrade my iPhone or spend it on something better.

im only going to play Zelda:OoT on it, and its damn not worth it for just one game or even 2 or 3.

nintendo can make huge amounts of money if they just drop their portable device line and start developing/porting to the iOS

all i see is profits.

imagine how much hype there will be with Starfox 64, Mario 64, MarioKart 64, Mario Party (with online play), Zelda OoT and Majoras mask, GOLDEN EYE,

etc etc.

if not, although nintendo is a pioneer, they're going to become the next sega in a decade or so.

nintendo only lives through their famed and iconic characters, if it wasnt for them things would of gone down hill by now.

imagine they didnt have mario, zelda, samus, starfox, and all those other characters.

the interactive parts are nice in which u move around and such, but other than that if they didnt have the classic nintendo characters, are you really going to get a Nintendo Wii or Wii-U to play COD or any other mainstream game in lower quality?

i highly doubt most people would.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:44 PM   #9
Usehername
macrumors member

Would love to play Pokemon on my iPhone, need to jailbreak if you want to though.
Usehername is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:47 AM   #10
loon3y
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
Would love to play Pokemon on my iPhone, need to jailbreak if you want to though.
im not talking about a crappy emulator, im talking about an actual port, like the Grand Theft Auto Series
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Usehername
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon3y View Post
im not talking about a crappy emulator, im talking about an actual port, like the Grand Theft Auto Series
Well it ain't going to happen.
Usehername is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:52 AM   #12
loon3y
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
Well it ain't going to happen.
well u didnt say never, but might as well. never say never

if nintendo starts losing money, which isn't out of the question than no doubt they'll go the sega route and scrap the gaming systems and just game develop

and they'll survive because of all their iconic games.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps