Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
What is an affordable high definition camcorder that offers a front facing LCD for self taping? What is the official name for this feature btw; dual LCD? I will be using it mainly self record for YouTube videos and need to be able to see myself in the frame. Love the iphone front facing can but it doesn't shoot in 1080. Do only select cams have this feature or can most lcd screens be flipped on urself. I'm a noob when it comes to cam recording.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
What is an affordable high definition camcorder that offers a front facing LCD for self taping? What is the official name for this feature btw; dual LCD? I will be using it mainly self record for YouTube videos and need to be able to see myself in the frame. Love the iphone front facing can but it doesn't shoot in 1080. Do only select cams have this feature or can most lcd screens be flipped on urself. I'm a noob when it comes to cam recording.

You just want an LCD that swivels. This Canon camera is cheap and does 1080P (I think it may be cheaper on Amazon).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/909788-REG/Canon_8155b004_VIXIA_HF_R400_Full.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.