Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cogf16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
I have a 32GB Touch that"s about 2 years old. Recently the Power and Volume buttons stopped working. I just restored it and that did not fix. I'm running version 6.0.1 (10A523) Battery really runs down as I can not turn it off.

Thanks,

sunrisemusic

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2010
Sorry, I can't help, I have the same issue and posted about it about a week ago but got no response (mine is a 4G 64gigs, still running OS 4.x)...

Is there a setting that will put your screen to sleep sooner than it is now, to help your battery drain issue? Mine seems to sleep reasonably quickly, so at least that's not an extra issue for me....

dragnworks

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2008
CA
Hard Reset?

Have you tried hard reset? Hold Power And home button until unit shuts off? usually about ten seconds

Cogf16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Have you tried hard reset? Hold Power And home button until unit shuts off? usually about ten seconds

Thanks but it goes to Voice Control screen and will not shut off. Would the Apple Store be able to do anything?

dragnworks

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2008
CA
Thanks but it goes to Voice Control screen and will not shut off. Would the Apple Store be able to do anything?
Sound like the power switch took a crap. it will need to be repaired. make sure you back it up before you have anyone do anything with it.

Cogf16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Sound like the power switch took a crap. it will need to be repaired. make sure you back it up before you have anyone do anything with it.

Thanks. What setting would I change to make it "sleep or hibernate" quicker for battery life?

Tunny

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Staffordshire
You defiantly won't be able to force DFU as you need the power button to do so, it's pretty simple to fix thought as the power button flex is connected to the volume flex and they come off as one unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.