Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpotRefer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. I had to sell my Ipod Touch 2G fast. Therefore i didn't have time for the Itunes option to restore to manufacture. But i did do a Erase All Contents and Settings which went suprisely fast. Did it delete my notes and all my data as i did this? I tried the Erase All Content thingy on my Iphone and it wiped out totally. But my question is if it wiped out my Ipod Touch 2G's data? I wonder due to having personal info in my notes as banknumbers and so on. I do now run around with a worried feeling about it. Please give me an answer, this is killing me.

Greetings Spot.

SpotRefer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for your reply, thanks for the information. But i was wondering if there was any difference(between Iphone 4s and Ipod Touch 2) on the "Erase All Contents and Settings" on Ipod Touch 2G?

Also, just to be sure. This is just a Yes or No question please.

Will he be able to see/recover/read the notes or any other kind of media data?
Will Erase All Contents And Settings wipe everything out?(In data way ofcourse).

Last edited:

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
There is a functional difference under the hood:

- iPhone 3g/below, iPod 2g/below - all data is actually erased, which takes about 10 minutes.

- iPhone 3gs+, iPod 3/4+ - encryption keys are erased. Takes about 30 seconds.

Either way, all data will be gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.